The ceremony of consecration of Nisi Dominus Lodge took place on Monday 25th of March 1935 at Freemasons Hall London. The Consecration Officer was RWBro Sir Philip Coalville-SMith, then Grand Secretary, assisted by RWBro The Earl of Cortwon together with WBro Sanger (who was also a founding member of Burton Court) WBro Rev Morris, WBro Nicholls and Retcliffe.
Sir Phillip Colville Smith, CVO, Grand Secretary (1917–1937)
All Consecrating Officers were elected as Honorary Members. Three of them were regular attendees at Lodge meetings for many years. A number of propositions were put forward, for three joining members and three candidates for initiation. All of these propositions were accepted and the brethren all went on to have successful Masonic careers. One of the joining members was Major R Brown, who became one of the Lodges longest serving and distinguished members. he was affectionately known by all as “Bruno” Brown. Bruno was reported killed at Tobruk, but this was soon corrected to a report that he had been captured. Very soon after this Bruno attended a Lodge meeting with the rank of Brigadier. No explanation was given and none was sought Bruno never mentioned it and he died peacefully at home in Camberley.
In the early days prior to WW2 the Lodge had a very close relationship with Burton Court Lodge. It might have been similar to the relationship that some Lodges have with their Royal Arch Chapters, a shared membership and PMs of one Lodge occupying the chair of the other. During that time the Lodge met on the first Saturday in May, June, July and the third September. The meetings were held at Freemasons hall and dining was at the “Prince of Wales” Public House in Great Queen Street. The Lodge dined at the Connaught Rooms on installation nights in May.